Monday, February 24, 2014

Coming Soon...


Photo Source

Be on the lookout for a new series I will be posting in the near future about childbirth. I'm in the research and interview phase as of right now. I have interviewed professionals as well as mothers and will present what I found out regarding the subject of childbirth. Just to give you a taste of what is to come...

Childbirth is viewed as a medical condition in our country instead of the beautiful miracle it is. Unnecessary interventions have become commonplace during labor and birth, and complications ensue as a result. America's rates of Caesarian section are outrageous and maternal/infant mortality rates are among the highest of all developed countries.

We will explore why that is and what choices women have to give birth. Most women today are afraid of childbirth. They are in fear of labor pains and fearful of something going wrong. We shouldn't be fearful of the natural and beautiful miracle of childbirth.

God created our bodies to do this and statistically if you are healthy, you should not have any complications in a normal delivery without interventions or drugs. It is when interventions are used that the risks go up.  We will explore that as well.

I want to eradicate the fear for women. Do not worry. Educate yourself and plan ahead but do not worry. Worry never adds anything beneficial to your life. It only takes from you, harming your health and relationships. It's time to take the fear out of the equation and be comfortable doing what our bodies were designed to do.

I want to present the information I have learned to women so that they can make the best choice for them. I encourage everyone to do their own research on all topics I post about and I do my best to link to the source of my information so that you can research further.

Be on the lookout in the coming weeks for this series. I hope it will inform you of the facts and encourage you to pursue what is best for you and your baby. 


This post is linked up to the Homestead Barn Hop!
barnhopimage 

2 comments:

  1. I would just caution you (from my own experience) that natural can mean flawed too. Ever since Adam and Eve brought sin into this world, it is fallen... no longer perfect. Nature can bring trauma now (tornadoes, earthquakes, death, injury... all these are natural things). Be so careful not to put your trust into nature or the natural, thinking it will protect you from bad outcomes. 1+1 does not always equal 2 when it comes to your body or to what it can do... Put your trust in God and pray like you never had before for a healthy baby, not a perfectly planned birth. A healthy baby truly is the biggest blessing... oh, did I ever learn this all the hard way. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment and share with me your journey to natural living. Any tips and suggestions are welcomed. If any posts are of an inappropriate nature not suitable for children to read, they will be removed promptly. Also, please do not spam or post links unless related to topic. You may share your blog address. Thank you.