Friday, January 24, 2014

Vegetarian Chili

Vegetarian Chili 
 
This week I made a great vegetarian chili for the first time and I think it was pretty awesome.  It had a lot of wholesome ingredients and took me awhile to chop everything, but it was well worth it.  It would probably go even faster if you chopped ahead of time or had a buddy helping you.  NOTE: Please use gloves when chopping up hot peppers!  I'm glad I did not have to learn the hard way.

I love how this recipe is all fresh ingredients and that it is loaded with veggies.  Since we've been eating vegan, we left off the sour cream garnish, but it was still very good.  I also LOVE the fresh avocado as a garnish!  I have never had it in a chili before now, and I learned that the flavor is AMAZING!  Since this is not my recipe, you will have to go to the link below to read it.  It is Emeril Lagasse's recipe, so that's probably why it's so awesome. 

We made ours all organic, except for the tomatoes we forgot to buy while at The Fresh Market... I had to run to the regular grocery store and hesitantly bought conventional tomatoes since they did not carry organic.  I am no professional chef so to be honest, it took me about twice as long to chop everything up.  I forgot to make the creole seasoning, so it could possibly turn out even better for you if you do!  If you try it out, let me know how it went!

Click here for the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and share with me your journey to natural living. Any tips and suggestions are welcomed. If any posts are of an inappropriate nature not suitable for children to read, they will be removed promptly. Also, please do not spam or post links unless related to topic. You may share your blog address. Thank you.