Friday, January 3, 2014

Natural Remedies I am Trying


So I've been doing the natural remedies to boost my immunity and my fever has stayed pretty low since it started. Unfortunately I could not sleep well last night due to body aching and not being able to turn my mind off. I woke up every few minutes it seemed then was up for about four hours straight. I hope that the lack of rest does not set me back.  I still plan to go the natural route.  Since my fever has not gotten worse, something must be working.

I have sneezed and coughed a few times and my throat started to get slightly sore today. I have also noticed my teeth and jaw ache like they do when I have sinus issues. It was a very busy day at work and I was so stressed out.  I still have a lot to catch up on next week.  Because I was so busy, and didn’t really get a break for lunch, I did not have any of my remedies until tonight.  The hot lemon and honey water is my favorite!

I am hoping that a good night’s sleep along with continuing these remedies will be all I need to be back to myself tomorrow.  I have a busy weekend ahead with my cousin getting married and my niece’s birthday party!  I want to be well so that I can enjoy it all.  The weather has been crazy lately so it could just be sinuses.  My temperature has been around normal for most of today, even without good rest last night, so I am hoping I am not contagious and that I’m back to normal soon.

These are the natural remedies I have been using:

  • 1 Tbsp. Bragg “Mother” apple cider vinegar in a cup of water – This is to help remove possible yeast in the body that infection grows on.
  • 3 drops of doTerra lemon oil and 1 tsp of raw, local honey in a cup of hot water – Lemon oil and honey are awesome for helping to fight illness.  Raw honey is antimicrobial and has all sorts of good qualities.  It tastes good and the warmth of the hot water helps as well.
  • 20 drops of grapefruit seed extract in about 4 ounces of orange juice – I learned about grapefruit seed extract from a doctor in Tennessee.  I’ll have more on that later.
  • I am drinking lots of plain water to help flush my system.
  • I have a cup of plain green tea on occasion.
  • I’m only eating “real” foods like fruit, veggies, meats, etc.  I am staying away from sugar, processed sweets, and grain carbohydrates as these help feed infection.
  • I am trying to get plenty of rest even though that didn’t work so well last night.


So far this is all I have tried.  Like I said, it seems to be working.  Even if what I have isn’t anything major, at least this will boost my immune system to help ward off any other bugs that I’m around on a daily basis.  Hopefully I will be 100% better very soon then I can focus on my goals for the new year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and share with me your journey to natural living. Any tips and suggestions are welcomed. If any posts are of an inappropriate nature not suitable for children to read, they will be removed promptly. Also, please do not spam or post links unless related to topic. You may share your blog address. Thank you.