Thursday, May 9, 2013

Welcome to Natural Made Simple!


Welcome to my new blog!  I am so excited to share with you the wonderful things I have been learning!  I’ve come across a way of life that makes me feel excited.  It involved converting to a more simple and natural approach to life.  There are so many gadgets and gismos in modern day living that is supposed to make life easier, but in a lot of ways, they complicate things.  I realized that I wasn’t spending my time on the things that are important because of modern technology.  I was sucked into the way of life that a lot of people lead these days, and I was unhappy, unsatisfied, and it was making me unhealthy.  I decided to change the way I was living by turning off the computer for several months, and focusing on my actual relationships, not my Facebook newsfeed.  It changed my perspective on life.  Now I am back on the computer to write this blog, but it is to encourage and help you in finding your best life as well.

I have done a lot of research on natural living, and changing some things to organic and all natural products.  I had not realized that the food I was eating and the products I was using had so many ingredients in them that were man-made.  I am learning more ways to live naturally and be self-sufficient, one step at a time.  Healthy make-it-from-scratch recipes, home cleaning tips, and gardening ideas are all part of the tools I will use to fulfill my commitment to live a better life, and they will be passed along to you as well.  I realized that some changes are hard, and it does take a bit of sacrifice, like convenience; but I also realized that I should not rely on convenience more than my health and the health of my family.

The start of this journey for me is giving up processed foods and cleaning with chemicals.  It’s so hard in the world we live in to not have processed food, but we don’t realize what we are putting into our bodies.  It’s so bad because we are always busy.  I have been guilty, many times over, of going to the corner store just to buy junk food or to the fast food restaurant up the street on a whim, either from a craving I got or because I was tired and the commercials on television made it sound good.  Some people think eating natural and organic foods is more expensive than the cheap processed foods we have in modern life.  It can be, but I am on a strict budget and I will show you the tools I use to keep costs down.  Also, I did not realize how much eating fast food and grabbing stuff on a whim adds up until recently.  I spent a lot of money on bad food when I could have bought wholesome foods with that money instead.  I am also certain that with bad foods eaten on a regular basis, there are to be medical bills in the future from being unhealthy.

I have already made some changes in my life and as I learn more of them, I will be showing you things like having nutritious ready-made foods at home, cleaning with natural ingredients, and becoming self-sufficient.  I hope that by my sharing of these things as I learn them that you can also learn and make the best decisions for you family.  I know I don’t have all the answers, and I encourage you to do some research on your own as well.  This is a journey in which we can be healthier and happier if we live it out day by day.  I look forward to sharing with you and I hope you will share your comments and things you have learned as well.

1 comment:

  1. This is something I would like to try as well. I look forward to reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment and share with me your journey to natural living. Any tips and suggestions are welcomed. If any posts are of an inappropriate nature not suitable for children to read, they will be removed promptly. Also, please do not spam or post links unless related to topic. You may share your blog address. Thank you.